Meet a Minion at Peak of the Market’s Family Fun Day Aug. 20
Jul-27-2015 ... Peak of the Market is holding its 17th Annual Family Fun Day on Thursday, Aug. 20, 2015 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. As always, this event is open to everyone and everything is absolutely free with any donation to Variety, the Children’s Charity of Manitoba. Donations by Visa, MasterCard, American Express or cheque made out to Variety, the Children’s Charity of Manitoba of $20 or more will have a tax receipt mailed.
Family Fun Day will be held on Peak of the Market’s lawn at 1200 King Edward Street at Dublin in Winnipeg. The day promises to have something for everyone! Here are some of the details:
- Free potato pancake breakfast prepared by Chef Craig Guenther
- Parking in Peak’s parking lot from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. only (parking at Red River College after 9 a.m.)
8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Free pork-on-a-bun, potato salad and coleslaw lunch (ticket provided with donation to Variety)
- Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service Fire Safety House
- Fire Engine and Police Cruiser on Display
- Minion Mascots from the recently released Minions Movie! Yes, that’s right – you could have a chance to meet some of the Minions (you never know who is going to pop up)
- Winnipeg Goldeyes Mascots, Goldie and Goldette
- Heartly, the Variety Children’s Charity of Manitoba Mascot
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Free pony rides
- Free petting zoo
- Free popcorn (yes – corn is a vegetable)
- Free colourful hair extensions by MC College
- Free tours of Peak of the Market’s newly renovated Packing and Distribution Centre including state-of-the-art packaging area which has two 14-foot-high robots! (with a fresh carrot at the end of the tour)
- Free parking at the west lot (4W) of Red River College
- Peak of the Market will have two free air-conditioned shuttle buses running continuously between Peak and Red River College
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Free giant slide
- Free bouncers in two sizes
- several washrooms and wash sinks will be available
- bottled water, juice and milk available at $1.00 each
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
As you can see, there is a ton of things happening at Peak of the Market on Thursday, Aug. 20. Whether you come for breakfast or lunch or stay the whole day, there is something for everyone. Again, everything is absolutely free with any donation to Variety, the Children’s Charity of Manitoba.
Peak of the Market would like to thank the many organizations that have helped us put on Family Fun Day – Danny’s Whole Hog Barbeque & Smokehouse, Chef Craig Guenther, Red River College, Bounc’en Good Times, PAL Group, Recycle Everywhere, 680 CJOB, BIG 97.5 FM, Fresh Radio 99.1, Winnipeg Free Press, David Lipnowski Photography, AventPro, Ranger Insurance, TD Commercial Banking and Peak of the Market staff and family volunteers.
— Peak of the Market